Sharing Sisterhood Across the Globe

Sister to Sister is a place to renew for women of all cultures, faiths and races. Coretta Scott King said, "Women, if the soul of the Nation is to be saved, I believe we must become its soul." I would like to add "Earth" instead of "Nation." We need to widen the borders and challenge the world to become a better place. Join the conversation.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

God's Grace is Sufficient

Note: Sister Mama Sonya is a wonderful and gifted storyweaver and playwrite and founder with her two sisters of 3 sisters in the spirit productions. She and I have been friends for decades and have worked with children and on projects as long as we've known each other. Thursday this week, my friend almost died of diabetic complications. She is a tireless worker on many fronts, but diabetes is what she lives with every day of her life. This is her story. Sister Mama Sonya is the author of Sweet Sensations for the Spirit, a book about diabetes. Yours in peace, P.K. McCary
The number of people around the world suffering from diabetes has skyrocketed in the last two decades, from 30 million to 230 million, claiming millions of lives and severely taxing the ability of health care systems to deal with the epidemic, according to data released Saturday by the International Diabetes Federation. While the growing problem of diabetes in the United States has been well documented, the federation's data show that 7 of the 10 countries with the highest number of diabetics are in the developing world.
New York Times, January 16, 2010
JAMBO/HELLO!!!
9 And He said to me “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
When God administers U a test, U are duty bound to give your testimony, so here is mine:
On Thursday, I left my office around 10:30 to go to the eye doctor for an 11:00 appointment at Kelsey Seybold Clinic in the Galleria area. As I got on Hwy 59S, the freeway began to look funny to me. The lanes seemed to keep changing, morphing in & out. However, I kept driving. I vaguely remember getting on to 610 and exiting at Woodway ( although I should have exited at San Felipe). As I tried to go to the clinic on Augusta, I became more and more disoriented. However, I really did not know what was going on.
I drove around looking for the clinic and called the nurse saying I was lost. She asked where was I and I told her on S Post Oak and something, then hung up. I called again and told her I was late, but to please do not cancel my appointment and then I hung up. I called Craig, my husband. Later, he told me that I was babbling on the phone.
As I drove around I became more and more disoriented, yet still not realizing what was really happening. I saw myself driving erratically, turning around in the streets, pulling in and out of parking lots, even going through a red light or two.
At this point I thought I was having a nervous breakdown and keeping saying, “Please, Lord, I’m not going out like this. Lord, do not take me out like this please.” I remember screaming trying to make sense of the situation.
I kept trying to get to Augusta Street, but I could not find it. And when I did see it for whatever reason, I did not turn on the street. I remember looking at the clock. It was 11:45 a.m.. I saw a neighborhood, a house with a baby swing in the front yard and then I was back on Westheimer again, driving erratically.
The next thing I knew, it was 1:45 pm and I was lying in an ambulance with an IV in my arm in front of the  house with the baby swing.  My sugar levels had gone down to 21 and I had passed out in my car.  Someone saw me passed out and called the police who called an ambulance
God’s grace is sufficient.  Even with the erratic driving down the freeway, through the streets, still I did not cause harm to myself or anyone else. I do not know how I got back in front of that house, yet the hand  of God hand parked my car perfectly off of the main streets.
Craig would not have known to look for me on that back street if I was still passed out in my car.  Hallelujah!!!!! His grace, God’s grace was my covering and protection. I now know more than ever, just how good God is, how he protects U, safeguards U, looks after U, keeps U when U can’t do it for your self. When infirmities come your way, He is there to make U stronger in your weakest hour. Hallelujah!!!! Glory 2 God!!! I just can’t stop saying thank you enough for His grace is sufficient.


Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, sickness of the mind
In my weakness, I get stronger
Divorce, separation, unfulfilled relationships
In my weakness, I get stronger
Bankruptcies, foreclosures, unemployment
In my weakness, I get stronger
Hatred, racism, jealousy
In my weakness, I get stronger
Violence, Death, Destruction,
In my weakness, I get stronger
Wars, earthquakes, calamities
In my weakness, I get stronger
When my life feels low
And I don’t know where to go
It gets hard to look up and not give up
When U drink from life’s bitter cup
When challenges & infirmities seem be all there is
I stop and remember that I am His
Then I become stronger and know that I can go on
Because I know who I can to go to and call upon
His grace is sufficient
It IS enough
When times get tough, the going gets rough
In my weakness I feel His strength & power
Because I know His grace protects me in my darkest hour
In my weakness, I will cry no longer
For in my weakness through His sufficient grace
I AM  Stronger


sister mama sonya 2010

No comments: