Sharing Sisterhood Across the Globe

Sister to Sister is a place to renew for women of all cultures, faiths and races. Coretta Scott King said, "Women, if the soul of the Nation is to be saved, I believe we must become its soul." I would like to add "Earth" instead of "Nation." We need to widen the borders and challenge the world to become a better place. Join the conversation.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Inspiration

As we (13 Moon Walk 4 Peace) travel, speak, walk, participate with communities in planting peace poles, ceremonies and various gatherings, there is one thing I have begun to realize -- when we show up and engage with one another, we inspire each other to climb higher and higher! Many of us are facing critical challenges/opportunities at this time and, I find, it so important to see beyond my own uncertainty and focus on the great works that are being done by the "ordinary" people I meet along the way: ordinary in that they are people just like you and I; extraordinary in that they have found unique and often courageous ways to make a difference in their families, their communities and even the world. These are the stories I want to tell and I want to invite you to do the same.

No comments: